I’m going out of town this weekend in Duluth for Grandma’s Marathon. I’m not running in any of the events, but my good friends are and I’m tagging along for the ride. This is the first trip of the summer out of three planned so far, and I’ve been preparing for what I want to bring with for a bit. I’m testing out some products that are air travel friendly for the trip to San Francisco in just a few weeks. So excited!
I definitely tend to over pack everything when I travel. I usually justify it by saying I’d rather have options than leave something behind that I needed. I usually do the same with makeup, always packing extra item in case I want to do a smokey eye or glamorous look, but I never do. I think I’ve finally found the palette that’s going to solve this problem! I saw the Tarte Showstopper Palette, which is limited edition so go get it. You need it. I saw this palette on Lipgloss Leslie’s channel and I needed it. I went out a week later to purchase it and I’ve been loving it since. It has a large mirror, full size Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Fame, a generous amount of Park Avenue Princess bronzer and the same size Champagne Shimmer, and six eye shadows. There is no matte cream/highlight or black, which is a downside here, but I don’t mind bringing a highlight color in addition to this palette or using the very, very dark brown shadow in the Tarte palette in place of black. Love this, I really do, and it’s only $38. That’s a steal! I justified the purshase by telling Jake that it’s meant to downsize my packing when we travel this summer. He’s holding me to this, I’m sure.
Here’s the rest of the makeup products I’m bringing:
- L’Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Foundation 103 Natural Buff
- MAC MSF Natural Medium Dark – Holy grail powder, it’s the only powder I ever travel with since I can also use it to set my under eye concealer.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer Custard – for my under eye, I don’t have major breakouts that the foundation can’t cover, so I’m taking my chances
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil Espresso, Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer – travel size from the Pro Palette
- Tarte Showstopper Palette
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshaow Brulee, NYX Nude Matte Shadow Lap Dance
- E.L.F. Essential Smudge Pot Crusin Chic
- Maybelline Volum Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara Very Black, Benefit Rollerlash – sample/travel size – I bring whatever mascara sample is in my collection on my trips.
- Rimmel ScandelEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner Nude, Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeliner Pencil Black Point, Espresso, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner Brown Eyes, Brown – while getting ready the morning we left I just felt like a brown winged liner so it made it into my bag.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray 1.0 oz
- Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick Matte Passion – I just purchased this (no-buy fail) and I have to bring it with, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Rose Blush (old formula/packaging), Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Honey
- Eye lash curler, sharpener
- Beauty Blender, brushes – Sigma P82, travel size F40, F30, E05, E55, E25, E35, E40, E65, E20
While I’m not flying this weekend, I am bringing mostly air travel friendly liquid products since I’m flying to San Francisco in about three weeks to test them out before our trip. I am cheating by bringing a full size conditioner, but that’s because my hair relies on conditioner to function each day.
- Aveeno Nourish & Moisture Conditioner – I always forget about this conditioner, but it’s great for detangling and moisturizing. Definitely planning on bringing to the cabin in a few weeks to detangle after swimming in the lake.
- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner, 1.7 oz
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioner 2.0 oz – testing, but forgot how much I used to like it.
- Tresemme Gel Extra Firm Control 1.7 oz
- Big Sexy Hair Weatherproof, 1.7 oz – sample
- Turbie Twist, tee for plopping, towel (because there’s five of us in a double hotel room so I’m just going prepared)
I don’t get too picky with my skin products when I travel. I am on the search for an air travel sunscreen, but Target has quite the selection so I’m hoping to find something there. Most of these products are in my usual rotation every day.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55 – under makeup, Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen SPF 70
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion 4 oz, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 2 oz – not my favorite cleanser since it contains parabens
- CerVe Eye Repair Cream – been loving this for moisture and it’s GREAT under makeup
- Neutrogena Makeup Cleansing Towlettes – 7 count (get them in bulk at Coscto), Up & Up Waterproof Makeup Remover
I feel like I’ve done a good job at packing for this trip, and I’d like to attribute most of it to my new Tarte palette, but who knows! Maybe I’m just getting better at packing. I’m super excited to be visiting Duluth again; I probably haven’t been then since I was 14 years old. I’m hoping the weather holds out to at least get a few good pictures of Lake Superior and with Jake! Will be reporting back.